Monday, September 27, 2010

i'm a lucky girl...

Two years ago today J and I said "I do" (actually, I think we said "I will," but that's just details). At the beginning of our ceremony our officiant asked our guests to stand and answer the question "Will you who are present today, surround J and C in love, offering them the joys of your friendship and support them in their marriage?" I have to take this moment to say...you have all kept up your end of the bargain! Thank you so much for loving and supporting us through the last two years. You are the best family and friends anyone could ask for.


Next, of course, came our vows. When putting our ceremony together, we knew we didn't want to use the traditional wedding vows.  We searched and searched for the perfect promise, but couldn't find it. We finally decided to piece together things from a variety of sources to create exactly what we wanted to say. This is what we promised two years ago...

"To live with you and laugh with you
To stand by your side and sleep in your arms
I promise to love you, to respect and support you and to be your best friend
I look forward to spending the rest of my life with you"


So, I would like to take this moment to thank my wonderful hubby.  Thank you for keeping your promise and more. I knew the "laugh with you" part would be easy for you, but thank you for still making me laugh everyday.  Thank you for understanding that the "sleep in your arms" part was more metaphorical for me as I can't stand to have someone touching me when I'm trying to sleep :) Thank you for loving me more than I could ever ask for and for helping me love myself.  Thank you for standing by my side and respecting and supporting me as a person and now as a mother. You have been an outstanding husband and now a terrific father.  Both Boogie and I are blessed to have you.  I hope that I have been able to keep my promise to you.  I strive everyday to be the best wife, friend and supporter I can be. You are still, and will always be, my best friend and I do look forward to spending the rest of our lives together. I truly love you more than you will ever know....I'm a lucky girl...

No comments:

Post a Comment