Wednesday, October 6, 2010

little charmer...

This past weekend was my 10 year high school reunion....yes, I'm that old.  We decided to use this as an opportunity to make the trip to Chicago so Boogie could meet mommy's side of the family.  Of course, this meant a 10 hour (one way) ride in the car. As you can imagine, I was a little stressed in anticipation for this long journey with a 3 month old.  Yes, Boogie has always been great in the car and usually takes the opportunity to get in a little nap, but 10 hours!? I was prepared for the worst.

Now, I knew on a day-to-day basis, babies needed a lot of stuff, but it wasn't until I made the packing list that I realized just how much stuff they need. You'd think we were going on a summer long adventure across the country....pack 'n play, bathtub, swing, diapers, clothes, extra clothes (in case of those dreaded poopsplosions), boppy, toys, and the list goes on!

It finally came time to get everything in the car and hit the road. And can I say, Boogie did awesome! He ate at his regular times, took naps at his normal nap times, and laughed with mommy in the back seat.  Sure, he had a few short freak-outs, but mommy did too. I mean, stuck in the backseat of a car for 10 hours?! Who wouldn't get a little crabby??

Hanging out in the car
On Saturday, my mom hosted an open house in honor of Boogie. Old friends and family came by to meet the little man.  Again, he did awesome!  He smiled and entertained everyone, though, he did take one short nap to recharge in the middle of the party...

But, for the most part, the whole weekend he was my little charmer...

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear the trip went well! Traveling with an infant is INSANE! We made out first trip back to Grayslake when Addie was 8 weeks... it took us, like, 16 hours- no joke. Since then, we've become seasoned travelers. Wish we would have been able to make it back this time.

    ReplyDelete