Monday, September 20, 2010

i hate the dentist...

So my mommy instincts tell me Boogie is definitely teething.  Yes, I know, most of the literature says first tooth comes at about six months and yes Boogies is barely three....BUT I have also found literature that says the teething process can start a few months before a tooth actually appears. For the past 3-4 days my sweet baby has not been happy....

He's been grouchy and clingy, drooling like a mad man, chewing on anything he can manuever into his tiny little mouth and LOVES when mommy massages his gums.

This got me thinking about the dreaded day I will have to take him to the dentist for the first time....scratch that, when DADDY will take him to the dentist for the first time because i hate the dentist!! 

It all started when I was about 6 years old and they had to gas me to pull a tooth....and then all the yanking and cranking with the braces.....and then the complete knock me out, dig 'em out with the wisdom teeth....not to mention all the choking on my own spit, picking and drilling and pain that comes with a routine cleaning or filling....oh, I'm getting the shakes just typing about it.....

About a month ago, I was at the dentist getting said filling, and in the chair next to me was this sweet looking, about 9 year old boy.  While I was waiting for the numbing meds to set it before the big picks and drills came my way....the dentist decided to perform a simple exam on this sweet, little boy.....As soon as dentist put his fingers in this SWEET, little boy's mouth.....SWEET little boy let out the most horrific scream I've ever heard....you would think the dentist was ripping out his teeth with no anesthetic! The staff tried to calm the boy, but he just kept screaming "it hurts, it hurts, it hurts!" The dentist didn't even have any tools in there, just fingers.  I could see it in the eyes of the staff and other on lookers that they thought this boy was off his rocker....

But, all I could think was....."AMEN, little boy!! My feelings exactly!"......

So, yes, DADDY will have to take the parenting role when it comes to the dentist.  I can't handle the choking, picking, drilling on myself let alone watch my sweet little boy feel that pain and discomfort....I HATE THE DENTIST!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment