Tuesday, December 20, 2011

25 Days: HH Style, Day 19 & 20

I've been busy finishing up Christmas presents the last couple days.  So much for our plan to accumulate presents throughout the year...next year we'll do it (yea, right)!  I didn't take a picture of the calendar activities for the last couple days so you'll just have to trust that these are the activities I found in the envelopes...

Day 19: Write a Thank You Letter to God
'Tis the reason for the season, right?!

Yes, my kiddos, again, are too young to write letters for themselves and J's just too busy with work and our 'new house' (did we ever mention the H clan have become "flippers"?) so you'll just have to be satisfied with my letter alone.

Dear God,
I can't thank you enough for blessing us with two perfect children.  They bring more joy to our lives than we can ever describe. Thank you for helping me find the 'perfect match' in J. He makes me a better person everyday.  Thank you for blessing him with a strong work ethic that allows for me to have the job title of "full-time mom." I love getting up and going to 'work' everyday (even those days that I don't have to get up because I'm already up and have been up all night)! I'm so grateful for being able to spend this time with our children; watching them learn and grow everyday.  I promise to teach them about your love and lead them to teach others. I can't wait to see what you have in store for us next year, it'll be tough to top this one!
Amen

Day 20: Watch a Christmas Movie
I was prepared this time!! I knew we had another movie night somewhere in the activity calendar so I was diligent about watching the TV lineup and hitting "record" on the DVR when a good one came up! I snagged "The Muppet Christmas Carol." Who doesn't love the Muppets?! Well, it's currently playing right now and the fact that I'm typing this at the same time probably sums up the fact that this activity isn't the couch snuggling family time it was planned to be....C-Monk is snoozin', Boogie is moving his legos (one-by-one) from one side of the room to the other and J, well, I'm not sure where he ran off to.....

On another note...
An update on C-Monk! We had her hip ultrasound today and the doctor said "her hips are beautiful!" Great news! Looks like all that time spent in the breach position only hurt mommy, not baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment