Thursday, December 15, 2011

25 Days: HH Style, Day 13, 14 & 15

Yes, I'm behind. I feel like we've been really busy the last couple days.  Really, we haven't done much more than usual, I just think the stress and crunch of the holidays are starting to set in! Plus, the activities over the last couple of days haven't been as eventful and can easily be summarized in one posting.

Day 13: Make S'mores in the Fireplace
I thought this would be a fun activity, especially since it's been rainy pajama weather this week.  But, J stepped in and said this was a bad idea. S'mores? A BAD idea??! Never! He was being the responsible parent and explained to me that this would teach Boogie that it's OK to put things in the fireplace.  I guess he's right, but isn't that the point of having a fireplace screen?! I don't know....I didn't fight it.  We snuggled and enjoyed some warm Baked Potato Soup instead.

Day 14: Read Christmas Books
I was worried this activity wouldn't go well.  Boogie has never been one to sit still long enough to listen to a story.  He'll sit for the first page then grabs the books and flips to the last page and then runs away.  But, lately he's starting to show interest in books.  He'll grab a book, bring it to you and say "up" (meaning he wants to sit in your lap.) We read "Jingle All the Way" (with Jingle the pup) and "O Little Town of Bethlehem."

The 14th was also the 10 year anniversary of J and I's first date! 10 years?!!On one hand that seems like a crazy long time, but on the other hand, I really can't remember life before "us."  Boogie and Pumpkin had playtime at grandma's house while J and I went out and relived our first date....dinner at Applebee's and watching "Not Another Teen Movie."  With such a high class first date, is it a wonder why I stuck around?!

Day 15: Bake Cookies
We're currently in the process of completing this activity.  Tonight is the annual cookie exchange party with the moms from our playgroup.  The recipe I selected seemed simple enough, but is turning out to be a pain in the you-know-where.  I say we're currently 'in the process' because the second step in the recipe is to let the dough sit in the fridge for 2 hours.  So it's sitting, doing something; something that will hopefully make the rest of the process easy? I'm a little worried how this might turn out.  I'm also a little worried that my first batch won't yield enough cookies and we'll have to do this all again, all before 7pm tonight! yikes! Boogie hasn't been too much of a help with them; he just runs around the kitchens yelling "cookies! cookies! cookies!" I'll let you know how it all turns out....

No comments:

Post a Comment