Tuesday, December 6, 2011

25 Days: HH Style, Day 6

Day 6: Eat Breakfast for Dinner
I must admit, this is one of my favorite meals.  I love breakfast food; hashbrowns, bacon, eggs, pancakes, yum! I just never seem to be up and functioning enough to eat breakfast for breakfast. Especially with two little ones to get up and dressed and fed each morning, I'm lucky to get a cup of coffee in my belly, let alone a gourmet breakfast!
I searched around to find the perfect new breakfast entree to try, and just couldn't find the right one, so I made it up! It's kind of like if my Tater Tot Casserole got together with this Cowboy Casserole and had a breakfast baby...
J and I enjoyed huge helpings of the breakfast casserole and tall glasses of cold milk!! yum!! Boogie had his favorite breakfast food; a big banana, and a little bit of breakfast casserole, although I don't think he was a fan. The pictures don't really do it justice, but I assure you it was yummy! Oh, and check out my old, scratched up Tupperware plate, oh yea!! Fancy!


The recipe?? Oh, I supposed I'll share...

What you'll need:
1lb breakfast sausage (I used turkey sausage)
garlic and pepper for seasoning
1 can cream of mushroom soup
4 tablespoons sour cream
1/2 cup milk
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 package frozen tater tots (I used potato rounds)

What to do:
1. Brown sausage, season with garlic and pepper to taste (I also added a little chipotle seasoning, cause we like a little spice!). Drain and set aside.
2. In medium bowl add soup, sour cream, and milk.  Stir till smooth.  Add 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese. Mix in sausage
3.  Pour into casserole dish
4. Top with tater tots (I thawed the tots slightly in the microwave before adding)
5. Top with remaining shredded cheese
6. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes
7. Enjoy! (We found that it slightly tasted like sausage gravy so it might be delicious to pour the casserole over biscuits!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment