Wednesday, January 11, 2012

BBK: French Dip Crescents

Welcome to the Baby Boogies Kitchen (BBK); 
real food for real moms!


We all see those recipes online and in cookbooks and think "wow, that looks good...but all those steps! all those ingredients! I'll never be able to make that!"   I agree! What busy mom has time for all that?!  I like simple, quick recipes.  I like "one pot" meals.  Crock Pot meals. Casseroles.  Things you can make on a crazy mommy schedule.

I'm by no means claiming to be a chef.  I'm not claiming to know anymore than you do about making food.  I'm just here to share things from our kitchen.  Meals (and desserts and appetizers) that were both easy to make and delicious to eat!

French Dip Crescents:











Ingredients:


French Dips:
1 pkg refrigerated crescent rolls (8 count)
1/2 lb deli roast beef, thin sliced
8 slices thin sliced swiss cheese
mayo

"Au Jus"
1 can beef broth
2 tbsp Worcestershire
garlic powder

Steps:

  1. Unroll crescents and separate
  2. Spread mayo on each crescent and top with a slice of cheese (you'll have to cut it ti the shape to the dough) and a slice or two of roast beef
  3. Roll each crescent closed, starting at the wide end
  4. Bake @ 375 for about 14 minutes
  5. Meanwhile combine the broth and Worcestershire  (season with garlic powder to taste) in small pot and heat till simmering. Serve as dip for crescents.

8 crescents were a perfect number for dinner. J inhaled 4, 3 would have been plenty for me, but I thought, why just save 1?! Boogie just ate some left over cheese and roast beef so I could have shared that final crescent with him instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment