Sunday, June 26, 2011

i'll save the sap...

As you know, today is Boogie's first birthday!! Don't worry, I'll save the sap and teary eyed memories; I'll just focus on the amazing weekend we had!

The last month has been full of party planning and prep for Boogie's big day!  Last week was full of stress and checklists making sure everything would be perfect....and I think it was!!  Saturday morning we were awoken by the sound of rain and thunder. My heart sank just thinking about how we were going to move his big backyard, bug theme picnic indoors....Luckily by 10:30 the rain cleared out and the sun came shining through! It ended up being a beautiful, warm sunny day, perfect for a backyard party!

The decorations fell into place nicely...





I didn't burn any of the food.....
















and Boogie got to eat an entire cupcake while all his friends and family watched.....

Today, we got a call from our friend B saying that Bruce Chen (yes, the Bruce Chen...starting pitcher for the KC Royals) had 4 tickets waiting for us at will call!! Talk about a great birthday present!!  Boogie had a blast:

tailgating...

sitting in his big boy seat (with a great view)...

and cheering on the Royals (and yelling at the umps)...


Like I said, it was an amazing birthday weekend.  We all had tons of fun (especially the birthday boy himself), but now we're all a little tuckered (hehe) out....

I know I said I'd save the sap, BUT I will say, the last year has been amazing and has gone by way too fast. My life has changed forever and I can't remember what I did before Boogie came into our world.  Like J said to me today "I remember one year ago today like it was yesterday, but I can't remember what life was like one year and one day ago, before Boogie arrived..." We love you little man! Happy Birthday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment