Monday, November 1, 2010

'huppy' halloween....

Halloween has always been my favorite holiday.  I love the haunted houses, corn mazes, hay rides, pumpkin picking, costumes and general haunting of the holiday.  Since my birthday is just a few days before, my birthday parties growing up always had a 'spooky' theme....costumes, hayrides, bobbing for apples...I really want to continue the tradition and have all of our friends looking forward to our Halloween party, just like when I was growing up.  Last year we decided to have the first annual "Huppy" Halloween party.  It wasn't a total fail, but not a true success either, mostly due to the fact that I was about 6 weeks pregnant, feeling like crap and still keeping the little bug a secret.  This year, with new baby, new role as full-time mommy, family visits, etc....the holiday just kind of snuck up on me and there was no time to plan the second annual "Huppy" Halloween Party.

Still, I think Boogie's first Halloween was a success.....He got to go pumpkin picking and experience a hayride. He had not one...
not two...




but THREE special outfits...


And, not to mention, a fabulously adorable costume...


He got to sit around a campfire, handout candy to trick-or-treaters, eat watch everyone else eat chili....He got to experience all those special things I remember from my childhood. 

BUT, when it comes to Halloween for my little Boogie, I plan to make each year bigger and better than the last.  So mark your calendars, plan your costumes, cause I promised in 2011, you won't want to miss our 'Huppy' Halloween....


1 comment: